When you introduce yourself to a stranger, you usually do these things :
- Greet them
- Say your name
- Give extra information
- Say something pleasant
Example model 1 :
Eko is a new student in the class. The teacher asks him to introduce himself to the class.
Eko : Good morning everybody.
Student : Morning.
Eko : Well, I’d like to introduce myself. I’m Eko Sudarmakiyanto, my friends call me Eko. I’m from Papua (Irian Jaya). Because of my father’s duty, my family moved here a couple of weeks ago. I live at Jln Raya Karangpucung-Ciraja, No.02 Cilacap.
Ica : Telephone number?
Eko : Thank, (0280) 6261-775. If you’d like to call me up personally you can dial my HP 085227545xxx. You may add my email email@example.com as your friend on facebook, here my facebook address http://www.facebook.com/ekosmax or my twitter http://www.twitter.com/ekosmax You’ve got it, thanks. Err… being a new student and new comer in Cilacap, I’m not familiar with the habit, any places, etc. so, I’d be very delighted if you all like to help me. Well, I thing that’s all. Thank you very much.
- Underline the expression Eko uses to introduce himself !
- What other things does Eko say when he introduce himself ?
- If you want to introduce yourself, you can say :
- Hi ! / Hello ! I’m …
- Hi ! / Hello ! My name’s …
- I’d like to introduce myself. Im’ / my name’s …
- May I introduce myself ? I’m / my name’s …
- allow me to introduce myself, I’m / my name’s …
- The respon are :
- hi. / Hello.
- Nice to meet you.
- Pleased to meet you.
- How do you do.
- I’m glad to meet you.
Example model 2 :
Iyan : Hello. My name is Ryan Clark. My friends call me Iyan. I’m in the third year, science program, you may look for me at XII IPA 2. I see you standing here alone, and may I join you for a moment?
Eko : Hi, Iyan. It’s nice to meet you. I’m Eko Sudarmakiyanto. You may call me Eko
Iyan : O.K. Eko. Are you new student here? I’ve never seen you before.
Eko : Yes, I’m. I moved here three days ago.
Iyan : I think you are in the third year, aren’t you?
Eko : No, I’m in the second year. Well, I think I must be going to the library now. It’s nice to know you.
Iyan : Nice to meet you. See you.
- Underline the expression Iyan uses to introduce himself !
- Is the language formal or informal ?
- How does Eko end the conversation ?