How do you know if your belief system is true? Take a moment to look at the following list.
- Are the teachings of your belief system rational? Do they conform to the norms of human reason and intellect?
- Is the creator of your belief system perfect? Allah, the creator of Islam, is.
- Does your belief system contain superstitions or myths? Islam presents humanity with only true knowledge.
- Can your belief system withstand the discoveries and claims of modern science? Islam can and does.
- How accurate are your belief system’s prophecies and predications? Islam’s are always completely accurate.
- Could a person have devised your belief system? No one has ever been able to imitate the Qur’an, although many have tried over the centuries.
Islam is not a new religion founded by Muhammad, but a finalrestatement of the original revelation that has been conveyed to humanity by messengers and prophets sent by Allah for that very purpose: “This day I have perfected your religion for you, completed My favor upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion” (5:3). As the Qur’an is the final revelation and Muhammad is the final prophet, humanity is obligated to accept it: “If anyone desires a religion other than Islam, never will it be accepted of him; and in the Hereafter he will be in the ranks of those who have lost all spiritual good” (3:86).